Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 18:13 — 16.7MB)
Your Big Project – Series 1 Episode 13 – Review
Welcome to Review, the last talk in the series ‘Your Big Project‘. Hopefully this series of podcasts will improve the chances of success for your project. We have considered the good, the bad and the extremely ugly throughout the series!
The Review is where you learn from the successes and mistakes in your project . If you have skipped steps or haven’t done things thoroughly enough this is where you start to understand the factors that contributed to your disaster! Remember that a lack of commitment in the delivery of a successful solution can kill a successful business.
The Review Meeting:
- Long enough after go-live to know how it went, but not too long as otherwise you’ll forget the details
- Invite the key players (global, regional and local) but no JFDIs
- Understand the What and the Why – for both the successes and failures
- This is an opportunity to embed success and improve – document everything and set realistic dates for completion of any repairs
- Understand the reasons for the successes so that you can replicate them next time
- Understand the reasons for the failures so that you can eradicate them next time
Remember that only JFDIs look for innocent scapegoats.
Take this opportunity to review the series of talks – remember to listen again when you start your next project!
Please click on the link below to access the .PDF slide pack for this talk:
This talk is based on the experience I have gained through my involvement in a number of systems projects. I hope that you find it useful.
I hope that you gain ideas from the successes and failures of others and that you have a life changing success.
There will be a new series of talks, on a different topic, in a few months. I hope that you have enjoyed these talks.
This series of podcasts is also available through iTunes (Apple Podcasts), Spotify and Stitcher.
Lifestyles is the theme music and is licensed from AKM Music.
© The MrT Podcast Studio 2019